Say it here..

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Just Another Thought

Have you tried trying so hard to please that you forgo your own happiness, desire and feelings just to accommodate your partner? The unnoticed sacrifices you did, the silent war within yourself and the heartaches you go through, in the name of love?

If life is a bitch, then all of us are part of it. Umpteen times I have tried, loving myself first before loving another. But once I'm through that hole, I tend to give way. Hurting myself in the process and god, the tears and pain I put up with, oh really, the strength of a woman.

I tripped and fall, mustered enough courage, tripped again and fall again. Despite that many failures, I tried and tried again. If courage is my strength, courage is my weakness too. If I fear just that tiny bit, maybe I might have learned. Learn not to be too fearless in searching for the true meaning of life, or love.

Do not search for love, they say. Let love come in search of us. Maybe it's time we cut some slack in the expectation department and see what life has in store for us.

For now, I'll take my glass of wine, sit back and see what the world has got to offer. But just that, do not forget, in love, there's hurt. If there is no hurt, it's not called love.

It certainly ain't for the weak hearted..

No comments:

Post a Comment