Say it here..

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Good Lookingly Insecure

Mr Good Looker had a way with the parental unit. Or should I say, almost everyone. Anyone who met him, loves him and adores him. He was looked upon as The Hero who brought me out from the "ghetto love".

Seeing that he got looks to almost-kill-for, I was very smitten with him. But due to my experience with Mr Footballer, I was sceptical. But still trust was not an issue with him, as he was always making himself available to my becks and calls. He was always with my dad too, if he was not engaged in some shoots or his other duties.

Being with him was easy. Just be honest, be there when he calls and to communicate always. That was what I needed as he "babied" me back to life. It became a slight addiction, knowing that he was always there and him knowing that I will always be at the end of the line. We took each other for granted, I guess. Inferiority complex took place too as the sudden fear of losing my lifeline took place. He could have dated tall, beautiful lanky girls from his industry, he didn't. He could have picked up any female just by the smoldering looks he potrays, he didn't. The problem lies with me. The rich little girl who thought he deserves better but nonetheless did she she he was in love with her. Just for being her. Little did she thought, Mr Good Looker has had enough with the girls out there who made use of him, his contacts to elevate their modelling chance or telly career. Like her, Mr Good Looker had been hurt before. In fact, one too many.

Not wanting to play the "I-feel-inferior-that's-why-I-cheat-game", I started to treat him less importantly. I tried standing back on both feet, not needing his guidance. But in actual fact was, i was afraid. He felt the difference and all he told me was, "If you think I'm not good enough for you, go back to Mr Footballer." I just stood there by the road and cried. He was leaving the country for 2 weeks so he felt better asking me to leave instead of having much more drama in the future. I was too egoistic to even tell him the honest truth.

He left without a trace and I moved on shabbily. The lifeline I found in him was gone that night. Sad? I was devastated. Why couldn't I just tell him that I needed him but I was insecure?

I didn't hear from him again not till a year or two later when I bumped into him at a pub and also in a mall. I was excited and we exchanged pleasantries. I often see him on some telly show and model competition and all I can do is sit back and watch him from the box. He even won some talent show that brought him across the causeway and last we updated each other about life, he is based there. Great to hear things work out really well for him.

Dear Good Looker,
You brought me back to life, even for a short while. You were a personality right out of the telly. You were funny, you cared and you loved. Thank you for being that cushion to break my fall.
Your Little Daddy's Girl,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment