Say it here..

Thursday, June 17, 2010

When Enough is Enough

With the drama that unfolds in that nightlife snippet, I found a friend out of Mr Pick Up Line. He went through the trouble of explaining how he is attached, introduced his girlfriend to me and yet still confessed to holding a torch for me. Well, this boy here is real honest.

People say, do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you. So I stepped back from the potential love triangle, said my thanks and kept my distance. The girlfriend was one sweet pie, taking me in as a new friend, no grudges or ill-feelings. Well, one fine day, while shopping, I understood why.

Ms Hostess fears losing Mr Pick Up Line. Bingo! I spot that same fear when I was with Mr Footballer. I assured her with regards to my friendship with Mr Pick Up Line, that I will always respect her as his girlfriend. But for the good of god, I restrained myself from telling her of his confessions to me. What she does not know, won't hurt her, I guess. And by any chances too, I have no ill plans of taking the sunshine out of her life.

The friendship stayed stagnant between me and him and I was getting irritated with his affections, which I feel may hurt Ms Hostess even if she doesn't show it. Well, a girl should know how another girl feels better than the opposite sex. I texted a lengthy message to Mr Pick Up Line mentioning how I feel uncomfortable with the whole situation because what I am in is for their friendship and not to be some relationship destroyer.

As soon as I send the text out, I took off my sim card and hurled it away to be replaced by a new card, a new number and hopefully a new lease of life. I wanted to shed off any bad memories I had of that particular pub and decide if I wanted to start anew, everything have to start with myself.

Walking away from the whole situation was a coward's choice. I rather be a coward than a 3rd party. I have felt the intrusion before and I do not need that to happen to another soul.

Leaving the scene, I breathe a new me. No longer do I want to be associated with the night owls. It was a difficult step, but it was a step worthy.

I had my wildest times in that teenage drama age and embracing my early youths of the 20s. I deserve all things nice. So how do I make this happened? It took a lot of focus and motivations from your family, true friends and even colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment